- As a Civil Engineering structures such as a house,worship center,Factories etc that has a foundation,wall,roof etc that protect human being and their properties from direct harsh effect of weather like rain,wind,sun etc.
- The act of constructing, erecting, or establish ing.
- The art of constructing edifices, or the practice of civil architecture.
- That which is built; a fabric or edifice constructed, as a house, a church, castle, arena/ stadium, etc
- The act of constructing or building something; "during the construction we had to take a detour"; "his hobby was the building of boats"
- The commercial activity involved in constructing buildings; "their main business is home construction"; "workers in the building t rades"
- A structure that has a roof and walls and stands more or less permanently in one place; "there was a three-storey building on the corner"; "it was an imposin g edifice"
- The oc cupants o f a building; "t he entire buildi ng complained about the noise"